Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
decimatum
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unable to rotate key when installing Talend Admin Center

Hi,

I am trying to install a TAC on a windows server 2019. It has been deployed on Tomcat and is running. However, I have configured the license but the final step where it asks for a master rotation key. It keeps failing. I have attached a video of the rotation key issue. Where after I clicked on change master key. It seemingly completed but during the check. It fails and asks me to check my rotation key again.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
decimatum
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I was trying to resolve this on my own and found the issue.

The path you install TAC on should not have any space.

E.g. C:/user/Apache%20Foundation/talend%20administrator%20center/...

Is invalid. Cause the developers of TAC did not account for "%20" which is space.

You need to install it on a path like C:/user/ApacheFoundation/TalendAdministratorCenter/....

no space between or any unicode since unicode is not accounted for.

After a few days of troubleshooting, I was able to discover this. It is not an easy bug to find.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
NCrawford1658815487
Contributor
Contributor

Could you provide a screenshot or more details about how the internal error message shows up?

decimatum
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

0695b00000UwgzlAAB.png

decimatum
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have attached the error message. The error seem to be that it cannot retrieve the token service.

NCrawford1658815487
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this same question and I cannot find any proper answers on the internet and also need a solution.

decimatum
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I was trying to resolve this on my own and found the issue.

The path you install TAC on should not have any space.

E.g. C:/user/Apache%20Foundation/talend%20administrator%20center/...

Is invalid. Cause the developers of TAC did not account for "%20" which is space.

You need to install it on a path like C:/user/ApacheFoundation/TalendAdministratorCenter/....

no space between or any unicode since unicode is not accounted for.

After a few days of troubleshooting, I was able to discover this. It is not an easy bug to find.

decimatum
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have resolved this issue on my own. You can see the solution below.