Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AGurau1639681093
Contributor II
Contributor II

promoting from one environment to another in the management console uses the databases from the source, not destination

Hi, newbie here. I have a job that executes well in alpha (we have 3 environments, alpha, beta and prod) and the context has the databases info for the 3 respective environments.

In the studio, the context were set to default, which is beta.

Then I published to the cloud in alpha. From there I promoted it from alpha to beta in the talend management console. I promoted the entire workspace. Ran the job (in the task) and it uses the databases from alpha instead of beta.

What am I missing?

Thank you so much.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adriana Gurau​ , I can't reproduce the issue, after I promoted the workspace from default environment to production environment, I can see the parameter value of the task is changed from "default" to "production" automatically.

0695b00000fLHDmAAO.png0695b00000fLHDwAAO.pngPlease note that the environment name in TMC must be consistent with the context name.

Regards

Shong

JLorena1687349731
Contributor
Contributor

You're facing an issue with promoting your job from the Alpha environment to the Beta environment in the Talend Management Console. Typically, when promoting jobs or artifacts between environments, it should use the configuration specific to the destination environment. first of all Verify the context settings, Check the promotion process, Confirm the deployment configuration, Test the job in Beta directly, Check for any overrides. naked pickleball USA