Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcurato82
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

tPop use certificate

Good morning,
in a tPOP component I have to make sure to use a certificate for the correct login to the mail and download the attachments. Unfortunately I can not understand how it should be configured, I have already tried to insert a component tSetKeyStore, but without solving my problem.

[FATAL] 14:26:58 001_Mail_Dwh- tPOP_1 java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Error constructing implementation (algorithm: Default, provider: SunJSSE, class: sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$DefaultSSLContext)

Can anyone help me?

best regards

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Make sure that you did import certificate and private key to Java Keystore?

keytool -import -alias XXX -file XXX.cer -keystore XXXXXX

Here is a community article about:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Talend-Studio-How-to-set-a-truststore-for-an...

Hope it will help.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Are you using  tSetKeystore component to load your certificate in your job? What's Java version and patch level? i.e. 8_u322 Old java version could cause problems.

We will appreciate it a lot if you could post your trouble screenshots here.

Best regards

Sabrina

Kaushik
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi
The error message you provided indicates a problem related to SSL/TLS configuration, possibly in the context of the tPOP component. To set up SSL/TLS for secure communication with a mail server, you need to ensure that you have the necessary certificates configured.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:
Configure tPOP with SSL/TLS:
Ensure that you have configured the tPOP component to use SSL/TLS. In the component settings, there should be an option to enable SSL or TLS, and you might need to specify the port accordingly.

Certificate Configuration:
If the mail server requires a certificate, you may need to configure the certificate details in the tSetKeyStore component. This includes specifying the keystore file, keystore password, and potentially other parameters depending on your mail server's requirements.

Check Java Version:
Ensure that you are using a Java version that supports the necessary SSL/TLS protocols. Some older versions of Java may not support modern TLS versions. It's recommended to use a more recent Java version.

Keystore Configuration:
Double-check the configuration of the tSetKeyStore component. Make sure that the keystore file path, password, and type are correctly specified. The keystore should contain the necessary certificates for the mail server.

Update Security Providers:
Check if there are any custom security providers being set in your Java environment. Sometimes, conflicts can arise if there are conflicting security providers. You may need to review and update the security provider configurations if necessary.
gcurato82
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello to all,
the tSetKeyStore component should be configured correctly, point to the certificate file in the correct stroke, the certificate does not have a password so the field is left empty by default.
The tPOP component is set on port 993 and the SSL flag is enabled.

Attached screen:
Java version
Component configuration.

best regards

gcurato82
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi, I answered below.

gcurato82
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi, I answered below.

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Make sure that you did import certificate and private key to Java Keystore?

keytool -import -alias XXX -file XXX.cer -keystore XXXXXX

Here is a community article about:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Talend-Studio-How-to-set-a-truststore-for-an...

Hope it will help.

Best regards

Sabrina