Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgiovanardi
Contributor
Contributor

tRESTResponse NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/lang/exception/NestableRuntimeException

Hi Community,

I have a job using tRESTResponse  and tFileInputJSON (with XPATH option) components deployed and compiled with TOS ESB 7.3.1. If i run this job from TOS ESB 7.3.1 I have no problem at all, when I deploy and run it onto Talend Runtime 7.3.1, it fails with:

Default;6;Java Exception;tRESTResponse_1;java.lang.RuntimeException:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/lang/exception/NestableRuntimeException;1

We found that class to be present on commons-lang-2.6 and not on commons-lang3. Talend Runtime actually have both of this modules:

~/container/system/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.8/commons-lang3-3.8.jar
~/container/system/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.8.1/commons-lang3-3.8.1.jar
~/container/system/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.9/commons-lang3-3.9.jar
~/container/system/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.6/commons-lang-2.6.jar

But our job still not loads commons-lang-2.6.

Inspecting the compiled artifact, we can found that inside /lib directory TOS build added commons-lang3-3.8.1.jar:

unzip -t MYRESTJOB_1.jar | grep commons-lang
    testing: lib/commons-lang3-3.8.1.jar   OK

Moreover, on the pom.xml of the project inside TOS workspace, we can find that commons-lang-2.6 is a dependency, together with commons-lang3:

<dependency>
      <groupId>commons-lang</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-lang</artifactId>
      <version>2.6</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-lang3</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
    </dependency>

So how can made this job correctly compiled to run on Talend Runtime?

Thanks in advance

Roberto

Labels (3)
1 Reply
sgoppa
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Please put the jar file common-lang-2.6.jar to \lib\endorsed folder of runtime and deploy the job.

Regards,

Swetha.