Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 awaiting exec in Job Conductor

Hi,
We scheduled 2 jobs in Job Conductor and we thought both the jobs will be kicked off.
But only one scheduled job has kicked off and another one not.
Due to that we tried to start the second job manually and which brought that job into waiting status.
Now the Job says 2 awaiting exec.
can some one help me what will be the reason and whats the solution for this.
Labels (2)
12 Replies
amaumont
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,
What's the Talend version you are using ?
What's the TAC database ?
Here are ones of the possible reasons of executions are blocked:
- trigger is/are blocked, try to resume the task by selecting the task and pushing the button "Resume task(s)"
- unsufficient memory for Tomcat
- several TAC Webapp point on the same TAC database (in this case all tasks are blocked)
- if several tasks run at same time, ensure you that the thread count property is greater than the number of simultaneous executions, edit the file /WEB-INF/classes/quartz.properties:
org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount =
- waiting for log ended to be retrieved from JobServer to TAC
- concurrency issue resolved recently with patch for 5.0.3 and 5.1.1.
Please contact our support team for more informations.
Best regards,
Axel
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount is already set to 50.Still Why my Job Went 2 waiting sec..and only single job was running at that time.Do i need to increase the count?
janhess
Creator II
Creator II

If you close down TAC and Tomcat and then restart it will get rid of the problem. We get it occasionally on 5.0.2 but can't find a reason.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In that case it might be a bug,Every time we cant restart...and if we are in middle of production and same thing happends then it will be a very big problem...
can somebody from TALEND TEAM Reply me with a solution either it is a Workaround or a Patch.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You should use your support contract to file an issue instead of doing it here.
http://support.talend.com navigate to Ticket Management.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi
Here is a related issue:
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-22345
As amaumont said, there was a patch for this issue for v5.0.3 and v5.1.1. Which version are you using?
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong,
I am using 5.0.1.74687.Do I need to try increasing org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount = as Amaumont suggested as a first step and then if it not works then i will try to install the patch.
Please suggest me do i need to try the patch directly. In that case please let me know how to get this patch and also let me know the steps to implement .
Thank you Very Much.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi
There are several possible reason for this problem. If you have many tasks run at the same time, try to increase org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount = as Amaumont suggested. If it does not work, contact our support team to know if there was a patch for v5.0.1. It is our support team deliver the patch to customer with the instructions about how to install the patch, please report a support ticket on our support portal.
Shong
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong,
I was trying to increase Max number of simultaneous connections it is already set to 50 and when we got the awaiting status at that time only single job was kicked off.Do you think still i need to increase the max number of simultaneous connections??Will that work in this case.can i raise a support ticket for that.