Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcomstobe
Contributor
Contributor

API authorization token expires tRESTClient, how to refresh

I have a job that calls an API via tRestClient, and the API requires me to obtain an authorization token to make the rest calls.  My issue is that the authorization token is only good for 60 mins, and by job is runs more that 60 mins resulting an error due the token timing out.  What would be the best way for me to refresh the authorization token within my job?  see screenshot of job for context.  All help is greatly appreciated.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This tutorial does precisely this with a Google API. It may need some tweaking for your API, but should work if it uses a Refresh Token.

mcomstobe
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Unfortunately it does not use a refresh token approach.  I have to call the authorization again, the same way I called it the first time.  Thank you for the help.

mcomstobe
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, I am still looking for a solution to this issue.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Without a refresh token this will be difficult, if not impossible, to do without human intervention. Maybe you can provide the API details so that we have as much info as possible.