Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moro
Contributor
Contributor

Adding Timestamp to Error log Rows (tFileOutput_delimited)

Hi All 🙂

I would really appreciate your help with this topic.

I am collecting all the rejects in a error log file using component tFileOutput_delimited. Next to every error log row I would like to have the current time stamp since the error log will be filled again with further errors when the job is run next time.

I tried to add a column in the schema type date but I couldnt make this work.

Would anyone of you have any suggestions on how to start with this topic?

Thank you very much!!

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You can add a tMap component before tFileOuputDelimited component, add setup expression to "new Date()" to the new added date field, and setup the Date Pattern to "yyyy-MM-dd HH:MM:SS" for the field as the below

0695b00000YCADoAAP.png

Moro
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thank you so much 🙂

I just tried it and dont know why it isnt working ( I am not getting an error message though)

0695b00000YCAdwAAH.png 0695b00000YCAepAAH.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Regarding to your snapshot of the job, it should already write the current date value to the 'date1' field in the output file of tFileOutputDelimited_8 component, could you please double check it? is this what you expected?

Moro
Contributor
Contributor
Author

True, I didnt add the date row in the tFileOutputDelimited component.

Thank you very much! Very appreciated!

Moro
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Is it possible to also add a location like the name of the excelsheet and its sheet and position? Also using tmap? Is there also a setup expression? Where can I find a list of those existing expressions?

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

it need to fetch the name of the excelsheet first.

when you click the button "..." on the expression, it will popup a dialog which will list all the existing expressions & functions

0695b00000YCWlnAAH.png