Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AIjel
Contributor
Contributor

After migration to 8.0.1 dates are 1 day before

Hello all,

I recently migrated to Open Data Integration 8.0.1 from 6.4.1

I have a mysql 5 database

when i run my process all my dates are 1 day before what is expected!

I tried to use UTC on both jdbc connection (

serverTimezone=UTC)

and mysql server (default-time-zone='+00:00') but that didn't fix the issue.

It seems it is an compatibility issue with mysql 8 jdbc driver. Does anyone faced this issue?

here is my JDBC connection:

jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/<myTable>?noDatetimeStringSync=true&allowMultiQueries=true&useJDBCCompliantTimezoneShift=true&useLegacyDatetimeCode=false&serverTimezone=UTC

any idea how to solve this issue?

thanks

Ammar

Labels (3)
22 Replies
AIjel
Contributor
Contributor
Author

BTW what difference between setting a parameter in .ini file and in Window->Preferences->Talend->Run/Debug ? Why doesn't it work on the first and it works on the second? any explanation?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The ini file is for the JVM running the Studio. The jobs run in their own JVM. So you will either need to set this in the run settings for all jobs OR in Run Job viewer, click on 'Advanced settings' panel and check 'use JVM parameter' box, add the parameter.

-Duser.timezone=UTC for a standalone job.

Best regards

Sabrina

mauerwegrunner
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

I am happy to find this thread. Maybe you can help. I am using TOS DI 7.3.1

The MySQL database I am using has been migrated from 5 to 8. The database's tables remain the same. Querying diretlcy both databases (5 and 😎 gives same result:

0695b00000SrA2jAAF.pngTalend adds 1 hour (and with dates with daylight saving time 2 hours). Time zone is CET.0695b00000SrA2tAAF.pngNow I've added this to the Preferences-> Talend-> Run/Debug in the Run Job VM arguments as described above:

-Duser.timezone=CET

But still this shift in hours. Any ideas what might be the reason there is no change to see?