Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SanyaBLR
Contributor
Contributor

Alerting to Teams if an export has not been successful

Hi,

I'm a little stuck in my notification job to Teams. I need to develop a process that will alert me if export is missing.

1) Each successful export is loaded to table EXPORT_LOGGING (date-time at column "Export_date_time")

2) Each planned export exists at EXPORT_PLANNING (column "Frequency"). Column "Frequency" use pattern MONTHLY+DAY_OF_THE_MONTH, ie: MONTHLY2 means runs on the 2nd day of every month. Also, there is a column "Active"

that use boolean values TRUE or FALSE.

For each Active (TRUE) export at EXPORT_PLANNING where DAY_OF_THE_MONTH (extracted from Frequency) < than today (ie: export should have already been executed). Need to alert if not exists at record at EXPORT_LOGGING where a date is greater or equal than DAY_OF_THE_MONTH of the current month.

For example:

Export 1 has frequency MONTHLY8, today is the 8th of February so there is nothing to do (it can still run during the day)

Export 2 has frequency MONTHLY5, today is the 8th of February, check EXPORT_LOGGING and the last record for Export 2 is 5th of February, everything is ok nothing to alert.

Export 3 has frequency MONTHLY5, today is the 8th of February, check EXPORT_LOGGING and the last record for Export 3 is 5th of January, export was not executed we alert on it

Export 4 has frequency MONTHLY2, today is 8th of February, we check EXPORT_LOGGING and the last record for Export 4 is 4th of February, Export ran late but monthly data was delivered, nothing to alert.

Now, my current job looks like this: 

0695b00000OAFg8AAH.png

Can anybody help me to finish it?

Labels (5)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

What's the problem you have now? Based on your description, I would have a general process, read all export data from database and iterate one by one as you done, write the logical code on tJavaRow to compare the column 'Frequency' and other value to decide whether need a alerting email, put the comparing result to context variable (boolean type), this variable will be used as the condition expression of runIf trigger.

Regards

Shong

SanyaBLR
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Shong,

I understood in general terms, could you show me in more detail? Maybe tJavaRow, it has various cases and how to do that in one component

Kind regards,

Sanya

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sania Oreshkevich​ I'm afraid I can't give you the code details on tJavaRow, because I don't know all your data details and the logical rules.