Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Build Job doesn't create the file

I had imported a project from version 5.6 to 6. 
Made some changes. 
But when I try to build a job the files wasn't created. 
I've tryed to create the file in the desktop. 
Labels (2)
31 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,
I have had got the same problem. I applied what says above (Install JDK not only JRE, check/modified Window > Preferences > Java ..., JAVA_HOME) with no success.
Finallly I reinstalled TOS6 and it has worked !
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

I had this problem today, but I had to fix it in a completely different way.
I found that although the build job dialog exited without compiling, the .Java directory in my project was being populated with the correct POM and class files - so I went into that directory and tried running a 'mvn clean install' of my own, just to see what would happen.
What I found was that there were missing dependencies, namely some around the big data components we use from the Hortonworks stack (parts of Hive and Hadoop).  The weird thing was that it was expecting very specific versions which I didn't have (2.4.0.2.1.1.0-6.0.0SNAPSHOT) whereas our internal Artifactory delivers 2.4.0.2.1.2.0.  I have no idea where the SNAPSHOT version requirement came from.
As disgusting as it was, I took the JAR I could from Artifactory, renamed it, and dropped it into my .m2 directory to make it masquerade as the JAR that Maven was expecting.  At this point, the 'mvn clean install' worked, and subsequently all attempts to compile through the build option in the desktop client began working, too.