Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danped
Contributor
Contributor

CDC components with Microsoft SQL server replication

Hi,
I'm looking into talend as our choice of ETL tool. we have recently implemented a new source system which is an MSSQL 2012 database which has a replicated database for reporting. I'm looking to extract that data into our corporate datawarehouse. 
I can only assume that replication on MSSql works in a similar way to turning on CDC on databases and tables.  If this is the case are talends cdc connectors effective in connecting to a replicated data source?
Thanks,
Dan
Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Are you catching changed data in your replication DB? Have you already checked document about: TalendHelpCenter:Change Data Capture (CDC)?
Best regards
Sabrina
danped
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks - I'll check the talend documentation. On the capturing of changed data, my question is whether or not having replication on a database in MsSQL is sufficient for the talent connector to pick up changes - I'm conficent it will work if CDC is turned on on the replicated database.
Dan
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
What's your target DB? Is your replication DB working well in real time?(as the same feature with source DB)?
Have you already checked document: TalendHelpCenter0683p000009MACJ.pngatabase support for CDC?
Best regards
Sabrina
danped
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks - I'll read that.
Dan
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan,
Any update for your issue? Can we consider your topic as resolved?
Best regards
Sabrina