Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call getNextException to see the cause

Hi,
I have a 2 postgresqloutputs components and 3 posygresql inputs in my tmap. Both the outputs are supposed to be updated with the input values. The issues is that one of the output table gets updated but not the other one. They both have the same update keys and updatable columns in my advanced settings. I get the below error for one of the outputs. Im not sure how to set the getNExtException or find out what the exception is. I even tried to recreate the output component but no luck. Can you please advise.
Starting job ASDA_Books_Import at 13:41 26/09/2011.
connecting to socket on port 3549
connected
Exception in component tPostgresqlOutput_8
java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Batch entry 0 UPDATE "doktor"."supplier_pricing" SET "catalogue_id" = 176884,"last_update_date" = 2011-09-26 13:41:58.000000 -04:00:00,"last_updated_by" = ASDA_BOOKS WHERE "supplier_id" = 2 AND "ean" = 9780575074873 was aborted. Call getNextException to see the cause.
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement$BatchResultHandler.handleError(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:2537)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl$1.handleError(QueryExecutorImpl.java:403)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:357)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeBatch(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:2674)
at market_price_import.asda_books_import_0_1.ASDA_Books_Import.tPostgresqlInput_10Process(ASDA_Books_Import.java:17323)
at market_price_import.asda_books_import_0_1.ASDA_Books_Import.tPostgresqlConnection_2Process(ASDA_Books_Import.java:15244)
at market_price_import.asda_books_import_0_1.ASDA_Books_Import.tPostgresqlCommit_1Process(ASDA_Books_Import.java:15146)
at market_price_import.asda_books_import_0_1.ASDA_Books_Import.tFileList_1Process(ASDA_Books_Import.java:14755)
at market_price_import.asda_books_import_0_1.ASDA_Books_Import.tPostgresqlConnection_1Process(ASDA_Books_Import.java:19093)
at market_price_import.asda_books_import_0_1.ASDA_Books_Import.runJobInTOS(ASDA_Books_Import.java:23493)
at market_price_import.asda_books_import_0_1.ASDA_Books_Import.main(ASDA_Books_Import.java:23344)
Batch entry 0 INSERT INTO "doktor"."log_catcher" ("moment","pid","root_pid","father_pid","project","job","context","priority","type","origin","message","code") VALUES (2011-09-26 13:41:58.737000 -04:00:00,Szi3O3,Szi3O3,Szi3O3,MARKET_PRICE_IMPORT,ASDA_Books_Import,Default,6,Java Exception,tPostgresqlOutput_8,java.sql.BatchUpdateException:Batch entry 0 UPDATE "doktor"."supplier_pricing" SET "catalogue_id" = 176884,"last_update_date" = 2011-09-26 13:41:58.000000 -04:00:00,"last_updated_by" = ASDA_BOOKS WHERE "supplier_id" = 2 AND "ean" = 9780575074873 was aborted. Call getNextException to see the cause.,1) was aborted. Call getNextException to see the cause.
disconnected
Job ASDA_Books_Import ended at 13:41 26/09/2011.
Labels (4)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
Can you upload some screenshots of job or export the job and send it to me?
Best regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong,
I just emailed you the expoted job as zip file to your email id.
Regards
Ranjitha Dusa.
Email: ranjitha.dusa@srgsaas.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Does anyone know how to call the getNextException in talend jobs to see the actual error message?
Alexist
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi everyones,

I came to all of you because on a flow based on a CRON, meaning I launch several constructed job in ".sh", I got this error :

Batch entry 0 UPDATE "schqv"."ligneticket" SET "idproduit" = 1422447,"numerodeligne" = 2,"prixunitaireht" = 5.79,"quantite" = 1.0,"uniteprincipale" = 'U',"montanttotalht" = 5.79,"montanttotalttc" = 6.95,"tauxtva" = 20.0 WHERE "idticket" = 75178371 AND "idligneticket" = 208957201 was aborted. Call getNextException to see the cause.

Thing is, the differents jobs these ".sh" are based on are not accessible.

I got this project because we have to move these flows to a database to an other. To be honest I start to be afraid the error I have is because in the jobs with this error, we had some tMap with an update on the old database.

Do you have an idea of how change directly a constructed job in ".sh" please ?

I have an int, maybe change directly in the .jar , that i turn into a .zip to open then modified the .class files.

Do you see other solution than this one ?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

Alexis