Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fjblau
Contributor
Contributor

Can't get tRestClient to work at all

I have an API call that works perfectly with Postman... I have to attach a certificate (pfx) file to postman and then use Basic Auth (user/password) and it works fine.

In talend I setup my tSetKeystore and set the TrustStore to that same file as a PKCS12 certificate.

I attach that to a tRestClient using subjobOK... and in the tRestClient I check Basic Auth and put the same user and password in. When I run this, I get:

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3562

[statistics] connected

Exception in component tRESTClient_1 (BD_ApiTest)

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: SAML based security scenarios are not supported in Studio (standalone)

at local_project.bd_apitest_0_1.BD_ApiTest.tRESTClient_1Process(BD_ApiTest.java:886)

at local_project.bd_apitest_0_1.BD_ApiTest.tSetKeystore_1Process(BD_ApiTest.java:446)

at local_project.bd_apitest_0_1.BD_ApiTest.runJobInTOS(BD_ApiTest.java:1488)

at local_project.bd_apitest_0_1.BD_ApiTest.main(BD_ApiTest.java:1326)

[statistics] disconnected

Is there any way around this?

I also tried converting the pfk to a jks but that didn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Frank

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried following these instructions here.....

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/access-secure-services-with-studio-and-runtime/converting-ssl-certificates-to-java-keystore

fjblau
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Neither of those worked... One creates a certificate but I get the same SAML error... the other gets a NULL Pointer exception and doesn't create anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the specifications for the API you are trying to interact with?

fjblau
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I can get them... what should I be looking for? I have the endpoints, a user/password and a .pfx file.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When working with web services it can be a bit of a nightmare to identify issues without the specifications. I am just curious as to what is required according to the documentation.

fjblau
Contributor
Contributor
Author

agreed... I will see what I can get tomorrow.... what is strange is it works perfectly with Postman, where I just added the cert to the app.