Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we automatically identify and delete unused embedded context variables in a job using any components?

While the development of Jobs, I defined so many context variables(embedded). Out of which only a few of the variables are actually used in the job.

So do we have a Process or Component in Talend to automatically identify and delete the unused context variables?

Thank you!

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There is no component to do this I'm afraid. However you can "scan" your jobs' configuration files and identify which context variables are being used in each job, then identify which need to be removed programmatically. You have to be VERY careful not to modify any of the files, but this can be very useful.

In your workspace folder you will find a process folder (within the project folder you are working in). Inside the process folder your will find .item files. These are XML files. There is one for every job. You can parse these to identify which context variables are being used. I wrote a brief example of how to do this for somebody yesterday

https://community.talend.com/t5/Data-and-Metadata-Governance/item-file/m-p/205309#M1964