Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Serphentelm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Change default type to double when guessing schema

Hi,

is there a way to change the default automapping when guessing schema from SQLServer?

It automatically set numeric and decimal as BigDecimal, but I want to let talend setting them as double.

I've found that mappings are declared here "Talend\studio\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\421\0\.cp\mappings",

and that every job has his own xml. I've tried to change the label numeric and decimal and setting id_Double as default type, but when I try guessing the schema, it still set the default type

as Bigdecimal.

Any suggestion?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @matteo marchesi​ To change the default data type mapping, follow these steps (using a MySQL database as an example):

• Click Project setting icon in the tools bar to open the Project setting window, then expand General Metadata of TalendType. Open the mapping_Mysql.xml file.
  • Update the data type mapping and save the file.

Regards

Shong

Serphentelm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi @Shicong Hong​ , when I try to open the article, it says that I don't have access to the page

Anonymous
Not applicable

@matteo marchesi​  sorry, I didn't notice that it is an internal article, I have edited my previous post, please follows the steps to change the default data type mapping.