Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Compare and Filter 2 input

Hello,

I have to CSV file in input (input1, input2) and i want to compare all rows of both CSV and extract rows with lines with differences of the input1 in another CSV file (Both CSV have the same number of lines)

I try with tMap but finally it doesn't works (or i don't know how to make with this ^^).

Is there a component to make it easy?

Thanks ! 0683p000009MACn.png

Labels (3)
3 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Should work with tMap but you need to map each field from input1 with corresponding one in imput2.

Not so easy when there is too much fields.

You also caculate a MD5 key with all fields then you just have to compare the key and the MD5 result between input1 and input2.

Less easy than solution 1, but works well when you have a lot of fields.

See this link where I post a reply using an other nickname (I was unable to retrieve my password). It speaks about salesforce, but don't care, it's the same with text file.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Salesforce-Don-t-update-Record-on-Upsert/m-p/...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Indeed I have about twenty fields its risk to be complicated...
I thank you I will try with the MD5, I would have thought that a module allowing to make its easily exist on Talend...

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Maybe someone knows something about a "tCompareFiles" component?

Else it could be a good exercise to create one.