Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwaras
Contributor III
Contributor III

Compatibility between TOS DI and postgreSQL v10

Hello,

I did not find any information about this in user documents or on Google so I ask the question here: can we attack a database postgreSQL V10 with TOS DI, and if so from what version?

In 6.4.1 I have problems ...

Thanks in advance.

Cédric.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just checked on v6.5 and it seems to suggest that only 9 and below are supported. However, that doesn't mean that you won't be able to connect. What is your issue?

cwaras
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi

Thx for your answer

I can't create connection :

0683p000009LsXq.jpg

String connection is ok...

Thx for your help

cwaras
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Nobody has the answer ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really ever use PostgreSQL but thought I would give this a try. So I installed it (version 10.2) on my MacBook Pro and thought it would just take tweaking the Jar supplied to Talend. But it just worked. Here is a screenshot of my connection....

0683p000009Lsg6.png

I am running Talend 6.5 on my Mac, a fresh install, with no modifications. 

I then looked at your error message and it appears to say (I do not speak much French) that the database does not exist. I then pointed my connection to a DB that does not exist and got what I believe is the same error message in English. This can be seen below....

0683p000009LsLt.png

So unless this is caused by an OS difference (a possibility), I would say there is maybe something wrong with your database. As I said, I do not know PostgreSQL very well, but this shows that version 10 does work....even though it is not supported.

cwaras
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for this feedback and your efforts!
I will continue my research ...

Regards

cwaras
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I confirm TOS DI (since v6.2 ?) is compatible with postgreSQL v10 !

Problem solve

Thx

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevertheless Talend could update the driver!