Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Concatenating Rows and Columns (Unions & Joins)

Hi,
In addition to the existing processing nodes two more for joining columns (supporting all SQL JOIN types) and functionality for concatenating rows creating UNION like functionality for loading data from multiple sources and merging the datasets for further processing would be helpful.
Is there anything like this that I have missed? By the way your ELT functionality for MySQL and Oracle is very interesting. Are any more ELT processing components on the way for these databases?
Best Regards,
Jay
Labels (3)
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I know that I can do inner and (unchecked inner) for left outer joins? I have used those successfully. Are any other joins supported?
Is there a way to concatenate multiple tables or files together? Is tUniqueRow the best way to check for an remove duplicates?
Thanks,
Jay
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I know that I can do inner and (unchecked inner) for left outer joins? I have used those successfully. Are any other joins supported?

Not yet outside of ELT components.
Is there a way to concatenate multiple tables or files together?

Not yet but see 425 and related 944, work is currently in progress. We should distribute a solution in TOS 2.1.0 (july 2007).
Is tUniqueRow the best way to check for an remove duplicates?

tUniqueRow doesn't "check", it only "skip" duplicates. In the near future, you'll be able to link an output component to tUniqueRow reject flow. See 1071.
Radnip
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is an old message but I think Jay is trying to do the same as I want to. I have two CSV log files from two different days (ie they have the same column names) and I just want to combine them together. Is that possible yet?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When schemas are identical, use tUnite to merge 2 flows.

Josh
Radnip
Contributor
Contributor

Brilliant thanks... is there a way to do that if you have many files ... I've got about 50.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello
Brilliant thanks... is there a way to do that if you have many files ... I've got about 50.

Using tFileList to iterate each file and merge them with tUnite, for exampe:
tFileList--iterate--tFileInputDelimited--tUnite--tMysqlOutout.
Best regards
Shong
Radnip
Contributor
Contributor

great thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello! I am new to Talend. Could any one give me some help about the following problem?
From table A:
111 red
111 blue
111 grey
222 yellow
222 blue
I want to get table B:
111 red,blue,grey
222 yellow, blue
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
We can achieve this with tDenormalize. Please see the below snippet. Use Sort if you need the results to be sorted.