Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDumas3
Contributor III
Contributor III

Connecting to snowflake (Talend does not work with Snowflake)

I have connected to Snowflake from other tools. When I click Snowflake, from MetaData=>Snowflake in Talend, I get a connection error. I have filled out the dialog shown in the screenshot attachment.

Dave

Labels (3)
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

What are the error messages? From the screenshot, I see all fields are empty, you need to fill in all the required parameter fields and then click Testing connection button to test the connection.

Regards

Shong

DDumas3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Shong,

Screenshot attached. I am happy to do a webex, etc to show you.

Dave

DDumas3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have also subsequently removed the spaces in the Name, but same error.

Dave

Prakhar1
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @David Dumas​ ,

the account name given in the account field is wrong.

If your URL is "https://abc.snowflakecomputing.com/", then your Snowflake account name is "abc". If you are in any other region (such as AWS US-EAST), then if your URL is "https://xyz.us-east-1.snowflakecomputing.com/", then your account name is "xyz" and select the region option given in the connection(which you have already selected).

DDumas3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I changed the account name to the prefix (ours) just before the region (we use azure us east). I also made sure azure us east was selected n the region dropdown. Still getting the same connection error. I have used DBeaver, which is an excellent SQL editor, and that connects fine to our snowflake environment.

DDumas3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I also tried using a tJDBC connection component. I chose snowflake for the atabase, and then clicked "Apply". It changed the dialog inputs, which I filled . However, password is grayed out, so cannot enter that. I have attached the error screenshot which says that the password is missing. I have no idea how to get the password input "un-grayed" out. Very frustrating0695b00000LxfhwAAB.png

DDumas3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I got the password to input by clicking the .... Now says incorrect username or password error. Here (attached) is how easy it is connect to snowflake using the Dbeaver SQL Editor.

DDumas3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Here (attached) is how easy it is connect to snowflake using the Dbeaver SQL Editor. Cannot connect with Talend

Anonymous
Not applicable

DBeaver use JDBC way to connect to Snowflake, if you use are tJDBCConnection component in Talend job, click '...' button to fill in the password value, the User Id should be an email address.

0695b00000LxlKZAAZ.png