Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajesh_Reddy1
Contributor
Contributor

Context group in master job

Hi All,

I have three context groups Dev,Test,Prod, in global context.

I have created one master job contains 20 sub jobs in which I have used Dev as a context group, now I'm planning to run the code in prod.

In this case do I need to change context group to prod in all the jobs or can i just change in master job

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

@Rajesh_Reddy,if you have checked transmit whole context,it will take the  Prod values while you running if you have specified from master.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

@Rajesh_Reddy,if you have checked transmit whole context,it will take the  Prod values while you running if you have specified from master.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you have correctly mapped all the context variables in your child job from parent job and if you are passing the context values correctly from parent job to child context variables, the data will be reflected there.

Just now, I ran a child job with only Dev context and called the job from a parent job with Prod context. The value from Prod context reached child job. But it is not the recommended practice. It might be easy for you now but it may become a nightmare during maintenance phase when different team members are handling this job.

So the recommended way is to maintain the right context group for all the jobs so that it will not become a headache later.

If the answer has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome 🙂

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi