Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kayoma
Contributor
Contributor

Copy/Paste & Projects/Jobs

¤ Copy and paste of Talend component is impossible between two process of Talend which turn, Even the same or different versions.
¤ We can't call a job from another project, consequently we use one project for all our jobs.
Is it possible to add this remarks? :cool:

Thank you in advance .
Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

¤ Copy and paste of Talend component is impossible between two process of Talend which turn, Even the same or different versions.

I think you mean that you run two TOS at the same time, then try to copy paste between each other.
And no, it's only possible to use the copy/paste between the same application. (in another job or in the same job)
If we allow the copy / paste from one application to another one, then we need to migrate the components if needed...
Between two applications, you will need to import / export a job (soon available), until the import / export job is available you will need to use the import / export project.
kayoma
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi nrousseau,
I can import an archived project with import / export project, but when i want use an other job situated in other project i can't import it
with the import / export job because it isnt added after that 0683p000009MPcz.png
And for this i suggested if it's possible to allow Copy and paste between two TOS instances at the same time.
:rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply, and Good luck
kayoma
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Other remarks;
When i import an archived project, the routines which i created aren't added for this i use rarely import of projects.
Regards
kayoma
Contributor
Contributor
Author

When i import my archived projects sometimes i had this bugs,

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.connection.impl.ConnectionImpl cannot be cast to org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.connection.DatabaseConnection
at org.talend.repository.ui.views.RepositoryContentProvider.addNode(RepositoryContentProvider.java:319)
at org.talend.repository.ui.views.RepositoryContentProvider.convert(RepositoryContentProvider.java:285)
at org.talend.repository.ui.views.RepositoryContentProvider.initialize(RepositoryContentProvider.java:207)
at org.talend.repository.ui.views.RepositoryContentProvider.getElements(RepositoryContentProvider.java:93)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.getRawChildren(StructuredViewer.java:927)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getRawChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1144)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.getRawChildren(TreeViewer.java:768)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getFilteredChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:574)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getSortedChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:543)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer$1.run(AbstractTreeViewer.java:728)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.createChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:705)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.createChildren(TreeViewer.java:892)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer$5.run(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1288)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1323)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.inputChanged(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1277)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ContentViewer.setInput(ContentViewer.java:250)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setInput(StructuredViewer.java:1542)
at org.talend.repository.ui.views.RepositoryView.createPartControl(RepositoryView.java:122)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPartHelper(ViewReference.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:197)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:566)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:290)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewPane.setVisible(ViewPane.java:525)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:140)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:268)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:394)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1144)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:1097)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1311)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:601)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:532)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartSashContainer.createControl(PartSashContainer.java:562)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveHelper.activate(PerspectiveHelper.java:244)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Perspective.onActivate(Perspective.java:815)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.onActivate(WorkbenchPage.java:2436)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$6.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:2616)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.setActivePage(WorkbenchWindow.java:2597)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.busyOpenPage(WorkbenchWindow.java:658)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.busyOpenWorkbenchWindow(Workbench.java:795)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.doOpenFirstTimeWindow(Workbench.java:1437)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$10(Workbench.java:1435)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$16.run(Workbench.java:1399)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runStartupWithProgress(Workbench.java:1421)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.openFirstTimeWindow(Workbench.java:1397)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.openFirstTimeWindow(WorkbenchConfigurer.java:190)
at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:708)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1085)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1847)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:419)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.run(Application.java:66)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

So i can't view Repository :

Regards.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to copy jobs between projects?  Or do I have to export / import everytime?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
There is a"copy to branch" feature available in Talend Enterprise Subscription Version which is based on SVN remote project.
Please take a look at document about: TalendHelpCenter:How to copy a Job to a branch
With Talend Open Studio Products, you have to  export / import  between projects .

Best regards
Sabrina
TamilM
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Team ,

I am facing same kind of issues like "Execution failed : org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.connection.impl.ConnectionImpl cannot be cast to in talend" while executing our talend jobs. i think the code is corrupted and im not able to see any code in the code tab its completely blank. but few of my jobs has the code part and able to execute. Any help on this will be appreciated !?

Did you find any solution for this ?

tried below but no luck

1. Creating new job and copy pasting components from 

2. Creating the new work space

thanks