Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teal
Contributor
Contributor

Copy table modifications from one database to another

Hi,

I'm new to databases and Talend Open Studio for DI.

I have two MS SQL databases (db24 and db26) with different schemas that I'm trying to sync for certain tables.

I'm trying to design a job that would check if the table from db26 was modified and carry those modifications in the table from db24. The main difference is that the table in db26 has less or more columns than the table in db24 but the same key so I only need to sync the columns that are existing in both tables.

Thanks for your help!

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I think you are looking for the CDC functionality, for more information about this feature, please read this documentation. Also, read related discussion on community.

https://community.talend.com/s/question/0D53p00007vCnZbCAK/how-to-implement-cdc-in-talend-open-studio

Regards

Shong

teal
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Unfortunately it seems it’s only working for the paid version. I would like a solution for open studio please.

gjeremy1617088143

Hi @Tarek El Abdel-Laoui​ , you could make a lookup between the two tables (target and source) in a tMap and make an update for inner join result or insert for inner join reject,

or you could copy the data in a new table on the same database of the target and make a merge between them with elt components or directly via raw sql in tDBRow component.

teal
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your answer @guenneguez jeremy​ , in your first scenario how would you handle how to replicate a delete?

gjeremy1617088143

you could do that in making an other lookup between the two tables in another tMap but your target will be the main flow and the source will be the lookup.

https://community.talend.com/s/question/0D53p00007vCslTCAS/how-to-achieve-cdc-manually-for-capturing-inserts-and-updates-in-tos?language=en_US