Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Corrupt Workspace

Morning All,
My colleague and I use TOS 5.0.0, build r72978-20111123-0231.
We have a central workspace on a network drive with strict rules regulating the use of the workspace. I.E. only one at a time.
We usually access the workspace from our office PC's but occasionally do so via RDP from home.
About once a month we find the workspace becomes corrupted.
We are not sure what the cause is. Is it to do with RDP, networking or Eclipse.
This problem is proving to be a stressful waste of time. Can anyone help identify the root cause?.
Regards.
Nobby
Labels (2)
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Not sure where the log file I save on that post went so appended below:
!SESSION 2012-11-20 09:40:52.789 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_37
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86
This is a continuation of log file H:\TALEND\.metadata\.bak_0.log
Created Time: 2012-11-20 09:40:54.869
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2012-11-20 09:40:54.869
!MESSAGE The following is a complete list of bundles which are not resolved, see the prior log entry for the root cause if it exists:
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2012-11-20 09:40:54.869
!MESSAGE Bundle org.eclipse.ant.tests.core.nl_de_3.6.0.v20100814043401 was not resolved.
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.ant.tests.core.nl_de 2 0 2012-11-20 09:40:54.869 !MESSAGE Missing host org.eclipse.

To see the whole post, download it here
OriginalPost.pdf
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What's the error you get when opening talend studio with this workspace? Note that, a workspace can only be access by one instance of Talend Studio at same time.
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Morning Shong,
The error was, from memory as we've rebuilt the workspace, "error loading workspace, see logs".
The logs show a problem saving the workspace however this was several hours before the last save.
Only one person is ever logged into the workspace at any one time. We carefully control this!.
Regards.
Nobby
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I strongly suggest avoiding that shared usage. I would recommend using the Team edition or what you can also do is to use SVN with an external tool and commit changes into this repository. But please avoid merging and use instead the lock feature of SVN.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
Yes, as jlolling said, sharing workspace and used by many users is not recommended and verified by Talend. The workspace have been destroyed, try to use another workspace, and then import projects from the old workspace.
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jlolling, Shong,
Thanks for the answers.
We are going to do exactly as you suggest and import into the main project area from local development areas.
Regards.
Nobby.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

My issue is with the application folder.:
E:\Talend5.4 - Dev03
When I double-click Talend it says - "workspace has been changed please re-start". At first I jsut re-named the workspace, re-creating a new one. That didn't work, but what did is creating a different connection with my details. Same email, jsut re-naming.
It then creates new instances of the application folder:
E:\Talend5.4%20-%20Dev03
E:\Talend5.4%2520-%2520Dev03
E:\Talend5.4%252520-%252520Dev03
Can anyone help? Workspace is still corrupted, I need to re-create a new connection just to log on..it doesn't solve the issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It also says, just before "workspace has been changed please re-start", that "Connection Incomplete"