Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Validation

Hi,
My job is reading FirstName from the table and I want to filter the names which have numbers/special chars in it i.e. ABC13CD, AMN$%£RE and would like to use the valid name which have only chars in it. Could you please help me in getting some help in this.
Regards,
Ram
Labels (3)
3 Replies
jd101k2000
Contributor II
Contributor II

0683p000009MB6H.png  Hi Ram,
I'm not promising that this is the best way to do it, but it is the way I have used.
Basically I use a tMap. The field to be 'filtered' goes through this processing.
(see graphic). This removes quotes, converts all types of dash to a hyphen, changes curly quotes to straight quotes. You could add extra bits to remove other unwanted characters or use a regex.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Data validation is  the process of ensuring that a program operates on clean, correct and useful data. It uses routines, often called "validation rules" "validation constraints" or "check routines", that check for correctness, meaningfulness, and security of data that are input to the system .   Dissertation writing service   this way you can always be sure that your data is properly validated/escaped and you don't need to remember if the variable has been previously validated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ram,
Another simpler way could be to use tFilterRow and use advance settings for writing java regular expression...
Vaibhav