Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fzamk19
Contributor
Contributor

Data being loading as null to Snowflake

I have multiple jobs where I am calling an api and extracting its json response data and then loading data into the target table on Snowflake, but all data is being loaded as null.

Data is there when printing on tlogrow or in a file.

Stuck on it for the last week, and don't know what the issue is here.

All target table columns in Snowflake are of variant type except one i.e. timestamp

Labels (4)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

If you are using an existing DB connection on tDBOutput component, don't forget to use a tDBCommit to commit the changes.

Regards

Shong

Fzamk19
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Nope, still the same issue0695b00000bEDHpAAO.png

Fzamk19
Contributor
Contributor
Author

However, I am able to load 2 tables into snowflake successfully using a similar flow but I had to put double quotes around each field to get the data inserted into one table and for other table data got inserted without any double quotes or anything.

I have like 7 to 8 different tables and I am not sure what is causing snowflake to get null values instead of the data and i don't want any quotes around the data as well need your help here kindly!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

First, from your screenshot, I see you are using a tDBconection to create the DB connection, if you use an existing on tDBOutput component, you need a tDBCommit to commit the change, job design looks like:

tDBConnection

|onsubjobok

tFileInputDelimited--main--tDBOutput

|onsubjobok

tDBCommit

Second, make sure the 'Allow Snowflake to convert columns and tables to uppercase...' checkbox in the advanced settings panel of tDBOutput is checked if the column names are lowercase on the schema.

Regards

Shong

Fzamk19
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Same result, all nulls loaded in snowflake0695b00000bEOK6AAO.png0695b00000bEOKBAA4.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

For testing, can you try?

1- Add a tlogRow after tDBOutput to see if the data are printed correctly on the console?

....tDBOutput--main--tLogRow

2- Create the DB connection on the tDBOutput component replace of using an existing DB connection.

Regards

Shong

Fzamk19
Contributor
Contributor
Author

No 'main' option from dboutput, only reject and iterate