Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elsaaa
Contributor
Contributor

DataMart Generate with many conditions

Hey All

the purpose of my job is an alimentation of a dimension in PostegresSql , I have many condition or ( jointure ).

I am blocked in the part of regrouping  the 3 conditions together to put the tMap's output informations in the dimension's table (dim_.....)

I can't link the 3 output of tJavaRow in one tMap .

Any one can help me or have an idea of a composant that i can use in this part.

please check the  captures  to understand what i need . 

0683p000009M5yd.pngJob0683p000009M5yi.pngtMap_1

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The most easy way to resolve your problem is to add a tMap and tDBOutput component to each output flow. This will make sure that data is loaded to DB from each flow without any circular dependency issue.

Now, if you really want the data to be merged first, you can use a tHashOutput component to each flow where the tHashOutput linked to second and a third order links should be in Append mode. Then read the data again using a tHashInput component and send them to tDBOutput component. But the problem with this approach is that we are making one more data hoping without any reason and we are using more memory since we are using Hash Components.

So I would always go with first approach.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

elsaaa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@nthampi  Thank you  for the replay , 

i have the same output in the 3 cases ( the same table) so haw i can use tMap in each case  and fill every column and line  ?  , the idea is  to fill a dimension table via 2 other tables and with a outer join and condition  on each column of the output  .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you please elaborate your use case? Why are you not passing other columns through same flow?

From my understanding, its a straightforward process. You have three conditions and based on each condition, you have slightly different way of mapping. Once these mappings are done through tMap, you should be able to send them to target table right?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂