cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egoh1618542899
Contributor
Contributor

Dataset file location after build job

After building the job, I am able to run the batch file, shell script etc. However they are using absolute path of where the datasets are located. That will be a problem if I pass the batch file/shell script for someone to use.

That person most probably will have a different absolute path to the datasets

I tried using “./example/example.csv” or “c:/something/something/tsd/workspace1” to specify the location of the data in the job metadata/tFileInputDelimited prior to building the job. Assuming “workspace1” or “./ “will be taken as the root directory. Both ways didn’t work.

Questions as below

1)Where to place the dataset inside the folder/zip created by building the job in order for the batch file/shell script to locate it?

2)How to specify a relative path “./dataset” in the metadata/tFileInputDelimited such that the batch file knows where to look for the dataset?

Thank you in advance

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you trying to use a shared network path for your relative path?

Best regards

Sabrina

egoh1618542899
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Not shared network path. Just local path, say "c:/something/data.csv". After I build the job, i wish to have "./data.csv" as the path so that the user of the batch file can just place data.csv in the build folder. and use the batch file. Nonetheless, I think "context parameters/variables" will most likely works for me. Thanks anyway!

root
Creator II
Creator II

To make it even more user friendly, you can write some custom Swing Java which can prompt something to the end user to make appropriate selections too.

Otherwise, context variables are more safe/ extensible in general