Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Determine if a row needs to be inserted or updated on Community Eddition of Talend

Hello,

I'm a newbie in Talend Studio solutions. I have to create an ETL which synchronizes two databases. The problem is I need to determine if a record on first database exists or not in second database.

Example:

Let's say I have 1 000 000 records in first database, let's also say that they have columns like contractor_number, contractor_name, contractor_surname, contractor_creation_date.
Now I need to sync that data with second database which is built as follows:
I have table which has columns like id, name, surname.
Now how to determine on free community edition If the row needs to be updated or inserted if it's new regarding to first database row? Also how to determine if row does not exists becaouse it has been deleted.
I attach the job which I built recently. The problem is I don't know how to now determine of what operation should be done (update, insert, delete).

As I said I'm newbie in Talend and I'll be very grateful for teaching me step-by-step of how to fix that problem 0683p000009MACn.png
Thank you!

Labels (3)
2 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Depending on your database you can use a merge request. Use a tOracleRow (for Oracle) for that.
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

I didn't saw your capture at 1rst. So as you probably have an inner join between both tables, you just need 2 output from your tMap:
- 1 for matching rows for update
- 1 for inner join rejects corresponfing to rows to be inserted into the target table