Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference between webservices

Hy folks,

I have to create a sample webservice in Talend ESB - I have version 7.1 - but I'm lost in the opportunities... I have found some inner components, like tESBProviderRequest and tWebServiceInput -and also tWebService-, but I don't know the differences, when, how to use them.
And I have found this article:
https://help.talend.com/reader/W40obwSp6960TxPIeERH3Q/cS88RTvurLwC5HyV_LPsnA

what totally confusing me: This describes a java based webservice implementation, but in Talend - I far as I know - I have drag and drop components. How, where do they related - I know, Talend creates java code based on dropped components into canvas- ? If I create a webservice in java, I can deploy it in a Talend environment? 

Viktor

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

This document looks at best practices in developing with Talend ESB, in particular using Eclipse and Maven as development tools.

Could you please give us more information about your job requirement?

The tWebservice component makes the call from the DI perspective to invoke a Web services call. It is an older DI component.
For hosting WS, you will need to have the ESB component. For invoking WS, you can use either the ESB call or the DI call.

Best regards

Sabrina