Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunitha
Contributor
Contributor

Download CSV file from API (Talend data preparation)

Hi Team,

I have a scenario in Talend data preparation like below:

Everyday user will delete and upload new file with same file name but different structure , when user does like this, dataset id changes, When dataset id changes data can't retrieve by using 'tdatasetinput' component dynamically. i.e we need to select the dataset every time.

I want to achieve this scenario in dynamic approach, and I found component called 'tFileFetch', by using this component source csv file is not downloading but getting URL source file in xml format which I don't want.

Suggestions for this scenario are helpful to me.

Thanks

Sunitha

Labels (4)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sunitha Bandla​ I have made a testing and confirmed the problem, I think we need a tDatasetList component to list all of the dataset, the properties of dataset will contain dataset id, this component does not exist yet, it is a new feature.

If you have downloaded successfully the file in XML format using tfilefetch, have you tried to read the file content using tFileInputXML component?

Regards

Shong

sunitha
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Shong

Thanks for response

I couldn't able to get any useful fields by using 'tfileInputXML component because saved file is only a source file and doesn't have required information.

Can you please provide any alternate solution to fetch the dataset id or download csv file from Talend Data preparation dynamically

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a workaround at the moment, let me check with our developers.

Regards

Shong

sunitha
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Shong

Can we know when new feature will be release.

Please let us know how to download the dataset or read dataset from talend without dataset id

jbrun
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @sunitha Bandla​ ,

Why can't your user update the dataset instead of deleting it ?

sunitha
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi jbrun

Thanks for the solution, while updating the dataset TDP can update schema and record changes as well.

It works.

Thank you