Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPradhan1679402896
Contributor
Contributor

Driver not found for oracle database multitenancy architecture

Hi,

Recently, we moved our oracle databases to multitenancy architecture, and because of that, we want to use both the primary and secondary databases in the same connection string, and our connection string looks like this:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(FAILOVER=ON)(ADDRESS_LIST=(LOAD_BALANCE=on)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=DBServer1)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=DBServer2)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=DB_APPL)))

And in the package lib folder, we have the ojdbc8-12.2.0.1.jar file in place, but when i run the job, it throws error: suitable Driver not found

We are using Talend 7.2 version. And our oracle databases are 19c.

Could you please help me with this?

Regards

Jyoti

Labels (4)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jyoti,

Could you please try to download the oracle 19 c driver jar from https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.oracle.ojdbc/ojdbc8/19.3.0.0

them import the ojdbc8-19.3.0.0.jar by Window->show view->Talend -> Modules view in the studio

then re-try the job?

0695b00000fIJcYAAW.png

JPradhan1679402896
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Achen,

I downloaded the specific jar, but i dont see Talend in 'show view', instead, i see the 'Modules' in the below sections:

Also, i added the jar in the lib floder of the job package on the server. But still, i get the same error.

Regards

Jyoti

JPradhan1679402896
Contributor
Contributor
Author

And in the below screenshot as you can see, i can only see DB versions upto oracle 18, i dont see oracle 19 there in the list. Could that be a reason?

0695b00000fIp4xAAC.png

SMR040
Contributor III
Contributor III

I believe Oracle 19c support was introduced in Talend 7.3. Might want to consider upgrading your Talend version.

Also the documentation states that it is recommended to use ojdbc10 instead of 8. refer to below docs:

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/7.3/installation-guide-windows/compatible-databases

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We have added support for Oracle 19c since V 7.3.1.

With your V 7.2.1 solution, you could try generic JDBC as an interim solution till you get 7.3 release.

Best regards

Sabrina