Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mahesh6
Contributor
Contributor

Dynamic schema DATE conversion to TIMESTAMP to insert ORACLE DB table with Date data type

Hi @xdshi ,    

This is @maheshvardam ,  i am kind of new to Talend Community version. I have read your article on Dynamic ingestion in ORACLE table . But I am doing same kind of job only with DYNAMIC schema . where  I am facing issue while conversion of DATE .  I am passing date in format ('YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss') which is in String  to the DB column name TIMESTAMP2 with datatype Date  (In Dynamic schema conversion is carried out by automatic , But here i have to this kind of conversion explicitly ), but it doesn't allow me to insert in this format ,  whenever I follow default format i.e (dd-MMM-yy) it allows me. because in my case I want hour (24Hr), minutes ,seconds also So how can I do the conversion ? Please suggest something, I have tried various techniques to fix this. 

Labels (2)
2 Replies
fdenis
Master
Master

so if you are using dynamic datatype you may not want to change data.
so you may just format our data when extracting (db side).
regards
Mahesh6
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Thank you for reply @fdenis.0683p000009M7Hb.png

I have done the same like you have suggested , the I got the Following error. Is there any other way.

0683p000009M7Vm.png

Screenshot (10).png