Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

ELT Sequence

Good Morning,

I am trying to generate an tELTOracleOutput which needs to generate a sequence number for a oracle table. The sequence has already been created in Oracle.

I have tried multiple options and cannot seem to get it to work.

context.SequenceNumber

Numeric.sequence("s1",1,1)

STK_SLF_CNT_TCKR_FS_v1_SEQ.NEXTVAL

I have searched for this and cannot seem to find a solution. 

Kind Regards,

Shaf

Labels (3)
4 Replies
jeoste
Creator
Creator

Hello,

I'm not sure, but what happens if you put the component "tOracleRow" and add this query:

"select nextval('" + context.sequenceNumber + "')"

Or maybe

"select nextval('your_schema.STK_SLF_CNT_TCKR_FS_v1_SEQ')"

EDIT : tOracleRow, and not tOracleInput

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@eost thank you for your response.

Due to using ELT component, ETL component is not compatible.

The reason I need the sequence is so that I can perform SCD against the new data that gets inserted from the initial job.

I have used the SCD component without surrogate key but that does not impact the data when there is a change in "Type 2".

I have tried multiple ways of writing the sequence in to the ELT Oracle output table and cannot seem to surpass this stage.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is what the SQL Query looks like part of the ELT Tmap

"SELECT
"select nextval('DM.STK_SLF_CNT_TCKR_FS_v1_SEQ')" AS ROW, NVL(ORGD.ROW_ID,-1) AS ORG_ID, NVL(ORGD.ORG_SCD_ID,-1), NVL(Shelf_Ty.ROW_ID ,-1) AS SHELF_TYP_ID, Shelf.AMD_DATE AS AMD_DT, Shelf.COUNT_DA AS COUNT_DT, Shelf.SHELF_NO, Shelf.QTY
FROM
(
SELECT
Shelf.BRCH AS BRCH, Shelf.SHELF_TYPE AS SHELF_TYPE, Shelf.SHELF_NO AS SHELF_NO, Shelf.QTY AS QTY, Shelf.AMD_DATE AS AMD_DATE, Shelf.COUNT_DA AS COUNT_DA, Shelf.UPDATE_COUNT AS UPDATE_COUNT, Shelf.PICK_DATE AS PICK_DATE, Shelf.LOCATE_DATE AS LOCATE_DATE, Shelf.INSERT_DATETIME AS INSERT_DATETIME, Shelf.HASH_DIFF AS HASH_DIFF, rank() OVER (PARTITION BY Shelf.BRCH,Shelf.SHELF_TYPE,Shelf.SHELF_NO ORDER BY Shelf.insert_datetime DESC) AS RANK
FROM
" +context.ODS_Schema+"."+"ORHHSHLF"+ " Shelf
WHERE
Shelf.INSERT_DATETIME <= '" +context.BusinessDate+ "'
) Shelf LEFT OUTER JOIN " +context.DM_Schema+"."+"ORG_D"+ " ORGD ON( ORGD.ORG_CD = Shelf.BRCH AND ORGD.EFF_FRM_DT <= Shelf.COUNT_DA AND ORGD.EFF_TO_DT >= Shelf.COUNT_DA )
LEFT OUTER JOIN " +context.DM_Schema+"."+"SHELF_TYP_D"+ " Shelf_Ty ON( Shelf_Ty.SHELF_TYP_CD = Shelf.SHELF_TYPE )
WHERE
Shelf.COUNT_DA = '" +context.BusinessDate+ "'
AND Shelf.RANK = 1"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Can someone please help.

Thank you.