Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravi999
Contributor III
Contributor III

ESB Conductor pointing to old code even when a newer version is deployed using nexus.

Hi All, 

I noticed a wierd behaviour. I deployed the 1st version of route. Later we had to update the route with some enhancement. Nexus artifact is getting updated (timestamp changed). In ESB conductor , new contexts are getting reflected, but I think due to cache issues, ESB conductor is still pointing to the old code. I made sure that the feature is not present in the Karaf. I tried the commands feature:repo-remove , feature:uninstall etc.The same code is working fine in studio. But when deployed to TAC ESB Conductor , I think it is pointing to old code. Has anyone faced this issue, If so, what is the solution ?

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen similar behavior from Karaf with manually deployed artifacts. If you havnt tried deleting Karaf's data directory and bouncing the server, give that a try. you will need to redeploy all your jobs afterwards.

I've also had to go into the Karaf system directory, locate directories associated with my job ( usually under the org/talend/ tree) and delete those. This is a bit dangerous as you can break karaf if you're not careful, so make a backup before you try.
ravi999
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply JGM. I published it from Talend Studio. CICD deployment is not working for ESB routes in Talend 6.4. So should we publish from Publisher in TAC. Came to know that Publisher is no more available in higher versions of Talend.

We deleted the data directory and restarted the runtime services. Even then the same issue.

Could you please tell me the path where directories needs to be deleted? Is it talend/runtime/etc/job_name.cfg?

@talendfolks, this fix can be done in Dev but not in prod. Do you have any idea why this issue caused and what is the best fix for this?

davidferguson
Contributor III
Contributor III

Just ran into this issue deploying to my Integration environment with Talend Data Services Platform 6.4.1. I'm using Karaf directly and even tried deleting the data folder - it didn't update anything - I'm still getting old values for default contexts (previous configs were deleted before shutting down Karaf to delete the data folder).

Hope this stuff is fixed in version 7.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

With your subscription solution, could you please create a case on talend support portal so that we could give you a remote assistance to see if it is a bug?

Best regards

Sabrina

ravi999
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes. I did. Waiting for the reply from Talend Support