Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sthauv
Contributor
Contributor

Edit "File Json" metadata without re-creating

I created a Json file object in Metadata -> File Json . I created it using the "Create from a file" option. On the last step, I configured the JSON tree using @class and @type attributes and set the loop node as mentionned in https://help.talend.com/r/Xr~HqMTCU7gC3dT5ZSikKQ/~0LUWbjtzD8PbSILdjp6Dg .

This works fine, however I noticed later that I made a mistake while configuring the JSON tree. If I go back to Metadata -> FileJson and double-click on my object, it brings back the wizard that creates the file. If I use next->next->next to go back to the JSON tree, it looks like it re-imported from the file and removed the @class and @types . I have to re-created them all.

I there a way to either :

1. Set the class and types directly in the json file before creating it in Talend.
  2. Edit the @class and @type atrributes of the "File Json" object without having to re-create them all.
Labels (2)
2 Replies
gjeremy1617088143
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @sthauv, i saw this in the documentation :

Create a JSON tree from another JSON fileRight-click any schema item in the Linker Target area and select Import JSON Tree from the contextual menu to load another JSON file. Then, you need to create source-target mappings manually and define the output schema all again.

So yes it seems you have to redefine loop element, type and class each time you have to make change.

Send me Love and Kudos

sthauv
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I saw that part too but that's not exactly what I am doing.

This talks about re-creating the json tree from a different file by right clicking and selecting "Import....". .

In my case, I am simply trying to open the existing configuration to correct a small mistake. I don't want to re-import, I just want to edit . When I try to open the JSON object to edit it, all the customization I did after the initial import lost.