Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Encrypting Files

Hi,
I need to be able to encrypt files.
Is there a tFileEncrypt component I can download?
Is it possible to do with tSystem? If yes, how?
Let me know
Thanks.
Boris
Labels (2)
30 Replies
chafer
Contributor
Contributor

Shong, I only find the "tGPGDecrypt" component in Talend Studio, where would the 'tGPGEncrypt' component be located?    

Subash1
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same case . unable to find the encrypt component. can you please help?

chafer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi subz, in my case, I ended up using the "tFileEncryptGPG" component from Talend Exchange for now. Maybe @shong can get the Devs to add a GPG 'Encrypt' component since Studio already has the 'tGPGDecrypt' component. 

When using 'tFileEncryptPGP' component, we had to de-armor the customer's 'armored' encrypted public key they sent to us (it had a '.asc' extension) using script as shown below. The de-armored pub key has a '.gpg' extension after running the script like below. If you are on a Windows OS, the application 'Gpg4win' is what I used to convert the armored .asc pub key to a .gpg encrypted pub key. 

"gpg --dearmor the-asc-file.asc" will convert from .asc to .gpg

After .asc file was de-armored, the 'tFileEncryptPGP' component worked for us. 

GPG credit: https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-devel/2011-October/026253.html 

Subash1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Chafer,

Many thanks for your kind reply. Actually I have already downloaded the custom component tFileEncryptGPG and tried to install in talend but the problem is that it is not compatible with the talend version I am Using. I am using Talend ESB 7.2.1 while the component works in version 5.

chafer
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. We are moving to same version. 

Subash1
Contributor
Contributor

In which version are you using tFileEncryptPGP?.. Do we have any other method to achieve the PGP Encryption in Talend? Only decryption is possible and Decryption component is availble too

chafer
Contributor
Contributor

This Exchange Component works in our ESB 6.2.1 version. We are moving to ESB 7.2.1.  Seems odd this doesn't work in 7.2.1 unless it is a Java version issue.  

Subash1
Contributor
Contributor

Hii Chafer..,

Can you please again send me the path where this component is available. I
will download and try again.

We are using Java Version 8.
chafer
Contributor
Contributor

It is located in the Talend 'Exchange' website: https://exchange.talend.com/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi jholman,

Where can I get the public key for tfileencryptpgp.
Thanks in advance

Regards
Bala