Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ars
Contributor III
Contributor III

Error and missing file while downloading using SFTP

Hi all,

I've developed a job in order to download files from an SFTP server. It's being up and running for many years and I didn't have any problem in the past.

A special notice to consider, is that the SFTP server is hosted on external partner prremises and according to its configuration, files are being deleted after the downloading is completed.

So, everything work fine so far but recently I'm facing an unknown (and strange!) issue.

Under unspecified circumstances, component tFTPGet throws the error message {com.jcraft.jsch.SftpException} and the job is terminated.

But while the file has not been uploaded (not even partially) the SFTP server considers that was downloaded and the file is removed from it. So, if I try to re-download it, it's not there!!!

Any thoughts, why the Talend could crash and the file is being lost??

Best regards,

Ars

Labels (2)
12 Replies
ars
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

The only record I'm getting when tFTPGet fails, is this one via tLogCatcher: {com.jcraft.jsch.SftpException} and the job is terminated.

You can't repro the issue, because you need to establish connection to the SFTP, but I can't provide the details for that.

Job is very simple. A connection is established, next the get component start the downloading. And under unspecified circumstances, some times this is failed. So, to my pespective, is there any suggestion why tFTPGet could failed? And if so is there any workaround?

BR,

Ars

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

As this is a random issue, we are not able to give a solution/ workaround till we can find out the root cause.

Would you mind creating a jira issue on talend bug tracker?

https://jira.talendforge.org/login.jsp

Best regards

Sabrina

ars
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

Ok, understood. Thank you for your time.

BR,

Ars