Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PGugg1648721424
Contributor
Contributor

Error in tFTPPut component - FTPS-server

Hello,

I'm trying to upload a file to a FTPS-server using the tFTPPut component. But I'm always get the error message: 'Failed to change remote directory. 550 No such directory.'

So I started the debugging and finally see the problem but I don't know how to fix it.

• The FTPS connection works fine. With the tFTPGet component I can download files
  • on the FTPS server I have only access to the root directory. In addition I'm not allowed to create subfolders
  • I set the remote directory to "/" and "." but I get the error message for both pathes. In the

tFTPGet I'm using "." for the remote directory, with "/", the error message is 'Failed to change remote directory. 550 No such directory.' too.

• Then I run single lines of the generated code:

• ftp_tFTPPut_1.printWorkingDirectory(); -> returns "/"
    • String remotedir_tFTPPut_1 = ("/").replaceAll("\\\\", "/"); -> still "/"
    • boolean cwdSuccess_tFTPPut_1 = ftp_tFTPPut_1.changeWorkingDirectory(remotedir_tFTPPut_1); -> it's always false and the component throws an error
  • the

tFTPGet code works different:

if (!".".equals(remotedir_tFTPGet_1)) {

boolean cwdSuccess_tFTPGet_1 = ftp_tFTPGet_1.changeWorkingDirectory(remotedir_tFTPGet_1);

• that's the reason why setting the remot directory to "." works

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Best regards

Philipp

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Philipp,

Could you tell us the Talend version and its patch level you're using?

Also the Server type and its settings would be helpful as well.

Maybe the FTPS server is configured in a way that you're not allowed to change directories? (Even if it would try to stay in the same directory.) Which means technically the error message is correct but there is no need to change directory.

With these additional details I'd suggest to raise a Bug in our JIRA tracker:

https://jira.talendforge.org/projects/TDI/summary

Regards,

Balázs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

If you get the error message: 'Failed to change remote directory. 550 No such directory.' from the server it usually means that the directory does not exist or that you do not have sufficient permissions to go to the this directory.

Have you tried doing this from an FTP client? It sometimes helps to isolate these kinds of issues from Talend.

Best regards

Sabrina

PGugg1648721424
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina,

thanks for the reply.

It's an external server, I have only access to the / directory.

After login the function: ftp_tFTPPut_1.printWorkingDirectory();

returns "/" . That's fine

The next line in the tFTPPut method is:

ftp_tFTPPut_1.changeWorkingDirectory("/");

this function call returns FALSE and finally throws an exception.

Actually it would be great if the current working directory is equal to the remote working directory, the function changeWorkingDirectory() shouldn't be called.

Regards

Philipp

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Feel free to raise a work item jira issue on talend bug tracker.

https://jira.talendforge.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Best regards

Sabrina