Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sameer_Keluskar
Contributor
Contributor

Error in tRestClient and tRest Components

Hi, I am using Talend Open Studio for Big Data 7.2 version, and in one of my Google Analytics-BigQuery Job designs, I am facing a Connection timed out: connect issue when I try to refresh the access token using the tRestClient component.

I tried generating the access token using the tRest component as well. However, I get the same exception.

I have validated the Google credentials in Postman and they are working fine to generate an access token.

When I try to create a new job design and try to run the

tRestClient or tRest component for generating the access token, it works fine for the first time but later it starts giving me the same

Connection timed out: connect

issue.

I have attached the error log file and the tRestClient component details here.

Can anyone please help me with this issue? Thanks in advance.

Labels (5)
2 Replies
jlolling
Creator III
Creator III

If it works once and after a while not anymore something outside (unchanged) the Talend job must have been changed.

It is clearly a network issue. The DNS can be reached and can resolve the server name, otherwise you would get an UnknownHostException. Did it still work with Postman?

Are there proxy settings in your system or recently introduced?

BTW. If you want running reports from Google Analytics (UA or GA4) there are much easier to use components available:

For GA4: https://github.com/jlolling/talendcomp_tGoogleAnalytics4Input

For UA: https://github.com/jlolling/talendcomp_tGoogleAnalyticsInput

Take a look at the release section on the right side.

Sameer_Keluskar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Jan,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, it worked on Postman and, No, there are no proxy settings on my virtual machine. I will test using the UA/GA4 components.