Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hiba1
Contributor
Contributor

Error to connect to Microsoft sql server DB (DB version /Microsoft)

Hi,

I want to create a new connexion to a Microsoft sql server DB and i set the version DB to "Microsoft".

first i download sqljdbc_6.0.7728.100_enu.tar.gz
This will download a tar.gz archive, which contains 4 different drivers in the enu folder 
and i rename sqljdbc42.jar to mssql-jdbc.jar
Then, i install it in Talend Studio,Window -> Show View -> Talend -> Modules -> Click the white bottle / jar and pick-up mssql-jdbc.jar on my hard drive. 

after that i configure the tcp/ip 0683p000009M6u2.png

i check the connexion but i got this error

0683p000009M6sz.png0683p000009M6rM.png

Any help please ! 

Labels (3)
4 Replies
JR1
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

Is there any specific reason why you import your very own jars for connecting to MSSQL? Talend will use appropriate jars if you create tMSSQLXXXX components. But maybe you have a reason for that. Importing the jars into Talend Studio is not enough. You will have to load them in your job by using a tLibraryLoad component as the first step in your job.

hiba1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

When Microsoft is selected, you must download the Microsoft JDBC Driver for SQL Servers from the Microsoft Download Center. You must then uncompress the zip installer file, choose a .jar file in the uncompressed folder, depending on your version of JRE, rename the .jar file to mssql-jdbc.jar and install it. For more information on choosing the .jar file, see the requirements on the Microsoft Download Center.

I did not create jobs yet...i just want to create a new connexion in the Metadata.... it works fine whene i set the DB version to "open source JTDS"...but with Microsoft it failed .

JR1
Creator III
Creator III

Ah, sorry. I did not know that you have to install MS jars manually (you never stop learning). Unfortunately, I cannot tell you what's wrong with what you are doing as it seems to be the right way to do it.

Anyone?

hiba1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thanks for your reply 0683p000009MPcz.png