Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error when i try to execute a jon in Linux using Crontab

Hi guys.

I need your help.

I builded a job , then unzip the file in the linux server. I can execute the .sh . It's works.

So now, i must add this .sh in the crontab with crontab -e. But it's not work. The crontab  logs:

line 4: java: command not found

When i inspect the line 4 in the .sh :

java -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -cp .:$ROOT_PATH:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/routines.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/commons-collections-3.2.2.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/commons-lang-2.6.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/log4j-1.2.16.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/log4j-1.2.17.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/slf4j-api-1.7.5.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/dom4j-1.6.1.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/jackson-xc-1.8.8.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/hadoop-conf-NEW.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/hadoop-yarn-api-2.6.0-cdh5.8.1.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/httpclient-4.2.5.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/jackson-mapper-asl-1.8.8.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/hadoop-auth-2.6.0-cdh5.8.1.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/jersey-client-1.9.jar:$ROOT_PATH/...

I don't know how resolve this error. I need execute that .sh with crontab. Thank you for your help.

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi. Somebody can help me? My job not work when i execute with crontab

sunitha
Contributor
Contributor

Can u please explain the process, i couldn't able to execute .sh file in linux.

Throwing error "could not find or load main class"