Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error while creating database connection to MS Access Database file

Hi,
I am using Talend Open studio for data integration version 5.6.1
I am trying to create a database connection to MS Access MDB file and while doing that i am receiving this error. "Connection Failure. You must change the database settings."
Steps that i perform.
Metadata->Db Connection-> Right click on it-> create connection -> Provided name -> Next -> DB Type=Access -> DB Version= Access 2003 -> Blank login and password-> pointed the file location to my local C drive document directory -> Click on check and received this error.
Error image attached to the topic.

Error Details->
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.sql.SQLException: Data source name not found and no default driver specified
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(Unknown Source)
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(Unknown Source)
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLDriverConnect(Unknown Source)
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcConnection.initialize(Unknown Source)
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1080)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:311)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:272)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$26.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:2335)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$26.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please assist.
Thank You
Dharmit
Labels (4)
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dharmit,
Make sure the database Access 2003 driver is available in your ODBC source Administrator.
What's your OS and JDK version?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I have Windows 7 Professional Sp1 64 bit and have JDK 7 update 71, Build 1.7.0_71-b14
Attached is the image for my ODBC Data Source Administrator for User DSN, System DSN and Drivers. Correct my if i am wrong, I think the Access driver is installed on the machine.
Please let me know if its missing.

Also could you provide me a link from where i can download the Access 2003 driver?
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi - I am also getting the same error. I am connecting to MS Access 2007 and am running with a *.mdb, *.accdb 32 bit driver (on a 64 bit windows 8.1 machine, Java V7).  This has previously worked until I had to uninstall and reinstall Talend.   On creating the connection, the driver connection string that was selected is jdbc 0683p000009MA5A.pngdbc 0683p000009MACJ.pngriver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DBQ=X:/Client Andino/Andino.accdb.  Can you suggest any solution?

0683p000009MDLe.png
Jcs19
Creator II
Creator II

If you're using Talend + Java 64 bits, you'll need to install Access Driver 64 bits
same for 32 bits (Im not sure)
Can you create an ODBC connection ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,
I was able to solve this issue by running TOS_DI-win32-x86.exe which is 32 bit version of talend open studio rather than running TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe which is 64 bit. I thought let me try it out and it works.
Thanks
Dharmit
Jcs19
Creator II
Creator II

Hi All,
I was able to solve this issue by running TOS_DI-win32-x86.exe which is 32 bit version of talend open studio rather than running TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe which is 64 bit. I thought let me try it out and it works.
Thanks
Dharmit

be carefull when you export your job as a standalone job, you may need to specify the path of Java 32 bits in the bat file, or just change the Windows environment variable (I had this problem and it tooks me hours to solve it)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,
Thanks
Dharmit

be carefull when you export your job as a standalone job, you may need to specify the path of Java 32 bits in the bat file, or just change the Windows environment variable (I had this problem and it tooks me hours to solve it)
If you have, Could you provide me Access 64 bit driver?
Thanks
Dharmit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all
I was also able to solve this issue by running TOS_DI-win32-x86.exe.
thanks!