Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LennartSchulte
Contributor II
Contributor II

Excel vLookup in Talend

Hi,

i was now searching and trying for some time and was not able to find a solution for an obviously simple problem. I want to perform an vLookup like mapping in talend.

This is what i have so far:

Master File:

uid

name

description

Lookup File:

parentUID(refers to UID in Master file)

attributeID

value

Target File

"ID": master.uid

"Name: master.name

"Description": master.description

"Image": lookup.value (link via lookup.parentUID and master.UID and filter for an specific attributeID like "2388")

"TDS": lookup.value (link via lookup.parentUID and master.UID and filter for an specific attributeID like "2547")

"PDS": lookup.value (link via lookup.parentUID and master.UID and filter for an specific attributeID like "157")

I assume for someone who's familiar with talend this is a dummy question but as i learn talend by doing and try an error and never had this usecase befor i have no clue on what to do after trying/searching for 6 hours.

Labels (2)
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still have a question, the attributeID for image column is always 2338 and it is known before you execute the job, or it comes from lookup file and you don't know what it is before you execute the job?

LennartSchulte
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

yes. the id's are fixed and known while setting up the job.