Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aadhi
Contributor
Contributor

Facing issue while processing xlsx file

Hi Team,

I am working on Talend 7.3.1 migration and getting a permission denied error while processing the xlsx feed in server. ​

The feed is getting processed when we give 777 Grant's but it is not possible as we have an automated approach to get the feed into server and it doesn't come with 777 Grant's.

Currently we are using Talend 6.5 version and able to process the feed without changing the permission.

Please help me on resolving the issue.

Labels (3)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please post your job design screenshots here? Does this permission issue only repro on V 7.3.1?

Best regards

Sabrina

Aadhi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Yes. We are facing the issue only with 7.3 build job in server.

The same job is running fine in 6.5 version .

When I checked by placing the file manually and set permission to 646, job is getting executed.

But we are getting the feeds in an automated way and it will be coming with 644 permission.

Please Help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks

​​

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you using a specific Windows file share? Did you run your job in studio or job server?

Best regards

Sabrina

Aadhi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Job is getting executed without error in studio(local) and it is failing while executing in server (unix server).​

When the feed is getting placed in server, File owner is alone having read/write permission while group & others has just read option. (644 chmod).

It is expecting a write option for other user too . (I checked it by manually placing the file in server and giving 646 permission ).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Did you grant the root account r/w access to server? Are you using "root' for "run job as OS user"?

Are you following up this online documentation to build your job as a standalone job and run job script file on your Linux server?

TalendHelpCenter: Building a Job as a standalone Job

Best regards

Sabrina

Aadhi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Yes. I​ am building the job as standalone job and moving the built file to server for execution.

I​ am running the job by calling the sh file using functional ID (group id) access.

I​ am facing this issue in Talend 7.3 version and only for excel 2007 file (xlsx) . All other feeds and other api calls are getting processed as expected .

I couldn't figure out the reason why the same job when built in 7.3 throwing error and whereas in 6.5 working fine.

Is some additional features are added in terms of poi libraries which is causing an issue? ​

Thanks,

Aadhi ​