Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

File delimited Metadata/Schema - Data Types

Hi!

I'm very new to Talend (Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 7.0.1). Hoping to use it to simply move data from a delimited text file to a SQL Server database.

My issue is when creating the Metadata for the "File delimited", I'm wanting Talend to NOT determine the data type (Step 4 of 4 - Define the Schema in the wizard). I'm wanting everything to be "Strings".

Instead it appears to be determining what the type should be - and is causing me issues later when I map the data. I understand I can go one-by-one and change each one on that screen (Step 4 of 4), but I'm talking very many files, with hundreds of fields in each.

Is there a setting or something I can set to make all the fields in my File delimited schema to be defined as "Strings" ?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

What if you set the limit to 1 on step 3 of 4?
Else, using files with just the header line should work.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

What if you set the limit to 1 on step 3 of 4?
Else, using files with just the header line should work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi TRF - 

Using the file with just the headers (and then putting the data back afterwards) - worked.  Not the perfect solution - but it does work!  Thank you!!

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Great!
Don't forget to mark your case as solved.