Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmmanuelTrejo
Contributor II
Contributor II

File with 3K columns

Hi everyone

I've a file with almost 3K columns, when I create metadata it sends me this message as an error, what can I do to load file??

Regards.

0695b00000SrdQ1AAJ.png

Labels (3)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

it's caused by log4j settings, the workaround is to

1. in studio, Open the Project settings->Log4j-> uncheck the button 'Active log4j in components'

see https://community.talend.com/s/article/Compilation-error-The-code-of-method-is-exceeding-the-bytes-limit-doIL7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

How many columns do you have?

On which talend build version you got this issue?

It's suggested that there should not be a lot of columns. There is a 65,535-byte limitation in java method. If you use a lot of columns, there are generated a large of Assignment statements.

Best regards

Sabrina

EmmanuelTrejo
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sabrina,

File has 2835 columns, TOS DI 7.3,

Understand, however the file has this structure I cannot delete any column

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The limitation comes from the Java class file specification and isn't specifically related to any Talend component -- although they are related, since the generated code must respect the limitation. It usually occurs with jobs with large schemas, and the workaround is to manually force the job into several distinct steps.

Maybe we could reduce the number of columns that need to be passed around, What does your whole job design look like? Which operations are you trying to do in your further processing?

Best regards

Sabrina

EmmanuelTrejo
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sabrina

Ok, so those parameters cannot change?

Design is input-->tmap-->rowaggregate-->tmap-->output

Or any change to separate the file by columns from beginning?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

All 2835 columns will be processed in your workflow?

Here is a component tExtractDelimitedFields in talend which can split and extract a column data separated via Field Separator into multiple columns.

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/processing/textractdelimitedfields

Best regards

Sabrina