Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fileoutput can create new column/field in mysql??

Is it possible to create a new filed/columns in the table of my mysql database using tfileoutputdelimited with a tmap? 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@alvincenson , you need to change the Action on table of Basic setting of tMysqlOutput is Drop table if exists and create .

View solution in original post

10 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@alvincenson , You were question bit confusing , yes you can create a new column to have in output file  in tMap and then can connect to tfileoutputdelimited .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sorry hehehe

what i want is to create a new column/field to my table using my file delimited columns. sorry for my confusing question0683p000009M8Ho.png

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@alvincenson , If I understand correctly while you were loading data from file to table you need to have one more field you can create in tMap in the almost right side down there will be + symbol can add new required filed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I want the columns created at my schema to be created also at my table field in my database when i run the jo0683p000009M8CP.png

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@alvincenson , you donot want _Emp_Company column into data base meas remove the column from output section then select the colun to be reomve and click on X in top-down of the right side of tMap. and in tDBoutput select the action on table create a table if exits.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I edited my last reply sir. i dont want to remove the _emp_company  because it the only column/filed in my database. but what i want is to add the other columns in the tmap also be created at my tables in database after running the job

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@alvincenson , you need to change the Action on table of Basic setting of tMysqlOutput is Drop table if exists and create .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@manodwhb THANK YOU VERY SO MUCH SIR !!! can i add you on some social app so i can ask directly if i have other questions in the future?

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@alvincenson ,what is that special app ?