Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flag not updating based on condition

Hi all,

My requirement is to load data from excel to oracle table with below conditions

Table columns are 

cust_no,Name,Item,Orders,Location,Flag

cust_001, John, Watch,3, Mumbai, I-------------------->flag should change

1.If record already exists in table then FLAG column should change from "I" to "U"

Expected output:

cust_001, John, Watch,3, Mumbai, U---------------------->Already existing record on table 

cust_002, Mathew, Bag, 3, Bangalore, I

cust_001, John, Watch,3, Mumbai, I-------------------->record from excel should insert like this

My job design looks like below screenshot

0683p000009LtiL.png0683p000009LutW.png0683p000009Luqs.png

The problem is new records from excel inserting with flag "I" but  existing record flag is not Insert as the new record it just update the existing record Flag

1.InsertRec--->output-->action on table --->Insert

2.Update -->output-->action on table -->Tried with Insert or update  ,update or insert,update but it's not  inserting as new record

When I tried with Insert as action on table it is inserting the record which is already in table is as below

cust_001, John, Watch,3, Mumbai, U

when I work with start_date,end_date using SCD component it's giving me exactly what I'm looking for.

Hope you understand the problem.

As soon as possible please help me to resolve this!

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

2.for the record which flag changed from "I" to "U" start_date becomes "null" end_date as "sysdate"
->I think the job need two changes:
1. Add a filter condition in the lookup table to query only the "I" records, eg:
"select * from tableName where flat='I'"
the start_date of output table on tMap1 maps the start_date column of the lookup table.
2. On the schema of tMysqlouput for update, set the two columns as key: cust_no and start_date

View solution in original post

21 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Hi Sara,

How are setted the "Catch lookup inner join reject" option on both output flows?

It should be "True" for Insertrec flow, and "False" to Update flow.

Also, you can hard code the FLAG value for both flows, "I" for Insertrec and "U" for Update.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @TRF,

Like you said already I kept the same, please have a look at the below screenshot

0683p000009Lutl.png

am I doing any mistake in the variables "updateFlag" and "InsertFlag"?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi 
If I understand your request well, you want to insert the source record also into db even though it already exists. There is a design issue in your job, the existing records always go to the update output on tMap and are updated in db.

Regards
Shong

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi  @TRF

I just replaced variable and hard code as "i"  and "U"

and I got below output

0683p000009Lutv.png

I kept Action on table for both output is as "INSERT" only

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

How is the "Catch lookup inner join" option for Insertrec flow?

Regarding the variable "InsertFlag", as soon as the record is not found in db because it is a new one, you should simply hard code the value ("I") in the output flow like this:

0683p000009LuqK.png

Also think you can do the same for Update flow with the value "U", don't you?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @shong

Ya you got my requirement, but I don't know  what mistake I did 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @TRF,

Catch lookup inner join reject for "Insertrec" is true only

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I hope I got output like I shown the above screenshot.

I just want to make sure whether it works fine by adding date column.

Something like 

start_date and End_date

Will work on it and get back to you if I face any problem

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

I've just read again you original post, so I understand every record from Excel file must be inserted into the db with a value of "I" if it doesn't exists yet in the db, and a value of "U" if it exists.

IMHO, "Action on data" should always be set to "Insert" and you just need 1 output flow for both new and exisiting records.

For this, use an "Left Outer Join" in tMap, then decide the value of the flag field depending on the join result (field will be null for new records, so you just have to replace the value by "I" in this case):

0683p000009LuFN.png

I've not tested but should works.