cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d_o
Contributor
Contributor

Flattening a paginated text-based report with nested sections to a flatfile

Hi all. I'm running into a roadblock and while I might have some ideas, wanted to get suggestions on better approaches.

I have a need to convert a text-based report with nested sections (a la SSRS) into a data file for ingestion into a database. In looking through several possible solutions, I've not found something that addressed this specific scenario. The closest I was able to find in the forums was to apply the data mapper to flatten it, though it wasn't for the exact scenario

I'm working on.

I'm reading through the documentation right now and trying to apply data mapper to this problem. I have also seen suggestions to run a similar scenario through tMap and create multiple outputs which are then tied together.

Would data mapper be the best tool to perform this flattening or would it be best to treat the source file as multiple records with the pagination header as the delimiter and then running this through tMap? Attached is a picture (with mock data) of the intended source to target conversion needed.

Any information is appreciated.

Labels (3)
0 Replies