Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xavier_Langa
Contributor
Contributor

Formula recalculation in tFileOutputExcel

Hi there,

I am coming across this error: "java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid arg type for SUMPRODUCT: (org.apache.poi.ss.formula.eval.ErrorEval)" when enabling the "Recalculate formula" option in tFileOutputExcel.

Can anyone help on why this happens and what to do to solve it?

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you checking that the values being added to the cells that make up the arrays are legitimate values after the component has written the data? Maybe switch the "Recalculate formula" option off and manually check the file after it is loaded.

Xavier_Langa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes rhall, I can ensure that the cells content are legitimate values. Moreover, when I write the data without the "Recalculate formula" option, and open the resulting excel file and manually add any number in the end of the column involved in SUMPRODUCT formula, the formulas then work

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just looked the error up and found this.....

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71200489/a-question-about-apache-poi-invalid-arg-type-for-sumproduct-org-apache-poi-ss

This functionality relies on the Apache POI API. This looks like it could be a bug or an unsupported feature in that. This is an assumption since I cannot see the formula you are trying to use.

Xavier_Langa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Gosh, looks like I will have to find another way to refresh the file's formulas after creating it, as this bug seems to come from the library itself

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does look like. You may be able to put together a workaround using a more recent version of the Apache POI Jar. I have not tried this, but it would be my first attempt at getting around this. I would write a routine using the new library and simply open the file at the end of your job, recalculate and close it again. That *might* work if the newest Jar has this bug fixed.

Sorry I can't be of more help here.